Managing Diversity: The Power of Difference
The Diversity training program is explicitly designed to support the needs of global organisations that use strategic expatriate movement to achieve their goals or working across different cultures. The success of an organisation’s future relies on its ability to adapt and integrate across cultures. The complexities of a global organisation’s culture are often unspoken. Therefore, organisations that seek to understand the multi-layered, diverse leadership of their teams are changing the future. The Power of Difference will introduce participants to the fundamentals of diversity management, learn and practice intercultural skills, and how to deal with differences constructively.
Organisations today, are realizing the effect the emotional intelligence of their leaders has on team productivity. Cross-cultural communication dynamics between home and host countries are the focus of this short-term program targeted at their staff and their leadership teams. Each day of customized training explores a different way of looking at how to leverage diversity and develop effective team dynamics. This one day program is targeted at the staff member or team who is working in a different environment to his/her own or staff /team that deal /work with other staff from different cultures and need to collaborate as a team.
Afterwards, assignees in emerging and global organisations can begin to design and plan their self, team and organisational strategies to complement the political and cultural complexities they face. For both the assignee and organisation, the diversity training program specifically addresses the needs of global leadership development. Equipping participants with communication strategies, managing diversity tools and awareness of their responsibility to lead communities, this program is supplemented by growth options depending on the needs and requirements of any one individual or team.
- Do you have a highly diverse employee population? Are you not leveraging the full potential of this diversity?
- Are you an organisation that operates from different offices within South Africa, is growing into Africa or has different global locations?
- Would you like to tap into the business benefits of managing diversity, strengthen and enhance your organisational culture?
Our language training programme offers TEFL English classes for assignees within their organisations on a one-on-one basis or for small groups at all levels – beginners to advanced – aimed at executives with English as a second language who would like to improve their knowledge and use of the language, whether for professional or personal reasons. We can also arrange training for assignee’s spouses and/or children, in-house at our offices or within the privacy of their own homes.
We can source, arrange and provide tutors for other European and African Languages within the assignees’ host countries.
- Increase productivity by giving employees practical tools, directly impacting motivation, innovation, and ultimately the bottom-line.
- Provide employees with generic diversity management skills that will affect all areas of business.
- Minimise distractions from critical operational matters by increasing the effectiveness of diverse teams.
- Reduce “acclimatisation” time of expats, enabling them to lead, participate, and apply their technical expertise more effectively within local teams.
- Enhance corporate culture by creating greater acceptance of cultural diversity.
Tapping into the Power of Diversity / Boosting Corporate Culture
Our support in these areas can take the following forms:
- Team developments
- Company-wide events
- Cross-level workshops
- Individual coaching
- Other tailored training or OD initiatives
Setting up Expatriates for Success
Our support regarding this can take the following forms:
- Screening & selection of expats through assessment centres.
- Preparing assignee while still in their home country.
- Supporting assignee in the new country.
- Reintegrating assignee into home culture.