Lynn Mackenzie, J.D., LLM.
(Courtesy of Shradha Mithal, Resettle).
The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, announced further relaxations in Unlock 2.0 that begins on 1st July 2020.
However, states and union territories have been given the power to further prohibit certain activities outside of containment zones within their respective states.
Macroeconomic indicators such as consumption of fuel and electricity, mobility, and retail financial transactions have seen an uptick.
The broad guidelines of Unlock 2.0 include:
• Domestic flights will be further expanded while international air travel will continue in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat repatriation mission.
• Night curfew timings are being further relaxed and will be now in force from 10 pm to 5 am. The exception being essential activities.
• Apart from curbs in containment zones, there will be no restriction on “inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods”.
• Metro rail, cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places to remain shut
• Ban remains on social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions, and other large congregations.
• Schools and colleges remain shut till 31st July 2020
• The number of persons allowed inside a shop at a time had been limited to five.
Wearing of masks, social distancing (6 feet), and maintaining general hygiene is encouraged. Work from home as far as possible is to be followed.
For more information about the above, please see this PDF document.
The content of this article is provided for general information purposes. The provision of this article does not constitute legal advice or opinion of any kind; no advisory or fiduciary relationship is created between Relocation Africa and any other person accessing or using this article. Relocation Africa will not be liable for any damages or loss arising from using any part of this article.
For information as to how Relocation Africa can help you with your Mobility, Immigration, Research, Remuneration, and Expat Tax needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on +27 21 763 4240.