Minimum wages were increased in different economic sectors on April 1, 2016, and are effective immediately and retrospectively. The official publication of these amounts is forthcoming and the increases are subject to final determination by the government.
The following are the new monthly minimum wages in key industries:
• Agriculture, livestock, hunting and forestry: 3,298 meticais (an increase of 3.6% percent);
• Manufacturing sector: 5,200 meticais (an increase of 8%);
• Non-financial services: 5,050 meticais (an increase of 8%);
• Financial services: 8,750 meticais (an increase of 8.7%); and
• Microfinance, microinsurance and other auxiliary financial activities sectors: 8,400 meticais (an increase of 7.79%).