Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba is in Kenya where he met with Joseph Nkaissery, Kenya’s Minister of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government.
The two Ministers held a meeting where a number of steps were agreed upon to make travelling between the two countries smoother.
Both countries also agreed on:
- Visa exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports;
- A decrease in the visa service fee. Fees have been decreased from $71 to $49, a downscale of $22, or more than R300;
- The issuing of three-year multiple entry visas for frequent travellers;
- Issuing of study visas for the duration of students’ study periods (including extending permanent residents to those studying in the critical skill categories);
- Removal of transit visa for travellers transiting through South African airports and
- Ten year multiple entry visas for frequent business travellers and academics.